Tuesday, September 18, 2012

How Waygook Teachers Get Through It

One Long Word: KikinitinKorea.

But before I get into that, quick update on the typhoon: Yes, we survived. My school was sent home at noon, due to the forecast and worry of my Principal. My Vice Principal at my school today said that there are some people still missing on Jeju and other small islands down south. My city just experienced heavy rain and winds. Thought it did prove to be much stronger than Typhoon Bolaven that hit us in August, which was also expected to do damage.



So, it hit me today that I hadn't yet shared this blog on here, and I'm really not sure why. Of course almost every waygook teacher here is aware of KikinitinKorea and it is talked about constantly. To people back home- I know you're not going to get most, if not all of it, but it's fun to show you anyway.

The fact that this blog has become such a huge hit, is because every SINGLE thing on here is relatable and without a doubt the truth. Every one of us has experienced about 98% of these things. There have been countless times that I have thrown my head back in laugh out loud, and I mean LOUD laughter. It's also updated frequently, so we're always looking forward to new laughs. Even if you people back home don't understand, laugh, or even smirk..at least you get a fun insight into what my life is like here, along with every other waygook teacher. This blog gets us through a lot of days. If you think some of them are over the top... think again. This is Korea. This is what we go through, and we love every minute of it. Fact- The person who owns this blog is a GENIUS.

http://kikinitinkorea.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment