Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ridiculous Quotes From Today

So I have 25 minutes left of my day, and (I think) the last ridiculous quote of the day was just said in my presence.
I haven't really shared the quotes my co-workers and students have said in here because I'm always stating them on facebook along with all the other foreign teachers. However, for my family members and those who don't follow me on facebook: these three are for you guys:

#1:
Setting: Walking to lunch.
We pass one of the 5th grade homeroom teachers (the woman who bought a cheesecake for my birthday.)

my co-teacher: "Ohhh her dress is so short! She doesn't have a boyfriend. I think she is looking for one." (Insert awkward laugh here.)
me: "At school?"
my co-teacher: "Hahah no! Not in school."
me: "Well, she's wearing the dress in school."


#2:
Setting: After class, my usual 6th graders are cleaning the classroom.
One girl is holding her stomach as her friends hug her.

student: "Teacher, ughh so sick!"
me: "Oh, I'm sorry. What's wrong?"
student: "Stomachache teacher. Magic."
me: "Magic stomachache? Like Harry Potter?"
student: "No. no. Uh. ummmm... stomachache... red."
me: (putting it all together) "Ooohhhh.. (whisper, for there were some boys across the room) like a girl stomachache?"
girls: "Yes!! hahahahaha. Yes! ughhhh." (Embarassed but loving that I just understood the situation.)
me: "Ohhh, I know. ouch!"
girl: "hahahahhahahaha!"

They were dying with laughter.
Fun fact I just found out: Apparently, periods in Korea are indeed sometimes referred to as "magic." I could think of a few antonyms that might be better suited for this situation.Too funny.


#3:
Setting: After class. Three 6th grade girls are interviewing me. Yes, I had agreed to be interviewed because apparently no other teacher wanted to do it.... maybe this was why..

student: "Hello teacher. Do you know Psy?"
me: "Yes, of course."
student: "Psy drinks soju during his concert. What are your feelings on this?"
me: "Well, (choosing my words very carefully) I don't think he should drink soju during his concert because he will get crazy and he is already crazy."
(Student nods in agreement.)
student: "Do you have any other opinions on this?"
me: "Uhh maybe Psy likes soju a lot. But during his concert, his job is to sing and dance.. not drink soju."
students: "Thank you teacher!!!" (And they leave)

And done. One question.. and it had to be that. Bahahaha
Oh by the way- That interview was videotaped.


1 comment:

  1. Please ask Leandi to tell you her "magic" Korean phrase she learned! it's great...

    ReplyDelete